The moment you decide yourself a Virtual Reality (VR) geek, the urge to get your very first VR headset emerges. However, finding out how to choose the best VR headset still remains hazy, doesn’t it? Since VR technology varies its classes into three main categories ranging from affordable, mid-range, and high-end headset, it is quite tricky to put our desire on reasonable side regarding its price, quality, and durability. Therefore, we hope that this writing can guide you to rational decision in landing the immersive multimedia technology on your hands.
From the ranging categories mentioned previously, we can conclude that price indeed significantly affects every element attached on the technology. As the high-end VR headsets are developed through collaboration with massive and well-known developer such as Sony Playstation, Xbox, and HTC, they cost us an arm and a leg for a VR headset which still requires another pricey console device. Thus, let us focused on more affordable sides which prevent you from getting yelled your mom or being broke for months, or both.
On the other side, the two other ends provide us more attainable way to the technology. These two sides span next to each other as the gap between these ends remain blurry. The slight differences on these friendly classes don’t appear significantly since both ends do not adopt the systems which require complex connection to other expensive devices. Instead, they operate through devices that belong to every pocket in the world: smartphones. The gap between these pocket-savior classes primarily consists of materials that define the quality of the device.
Through an assumption which says that smartphone is a must-have technology for everyone, the harmony between VR and this handy device happens and develops rapidly. There are numerous startups and well-known company introducing their smartphone based VR Headsets. Therefore, these headsets are scattered on the market with various features and modes that follow and adjust the development of smartphones as well. The choices remain explosive in numbers. Thus, here are basic guides on how to choose the best VR headset, specified on affordability.
1. Avoid purchasing on a unreliable headset made of fragile materials such as cardboard. Aside from its vulnerability towards liquid material like sweat, or tears, this device does not offer you comfort. Your phone will be hardly adjusted caused by its unbalanced weight to your phone and you have to put more effort to keep the phone attached. Choose more durable headset which prevents you from buying more.
2. Pick a VR headset that enables the phone to be firmly in place. You don’t want to break your phone, do you?
3. Find a VR headset whose a navigation button on it which enables you to make some commands. You aren’t putting it on and off frequently just to play or pause the content, are you?
4. Make sure your headset has a comfortable, durable, and flexible strap on it so your hands will be free to use for other stuff.
5. As the first point stated, comfort is one of the significant points in deciding the right way to buy VR headset. In order to obtain it, we recommend you to use a headset with compatibility to contain ideal smartphone size ranging from 4 to 6 inches. If the phone was too small, the content won’t project in good quality, and if it was too big, your eyes will hurt.
Go Check Our Web Store to See Available Products!
Octagon VR Luna
Octagon VR Luna is an Octagon Studio’s virtual reality wearable headset. This handcrafted lightweight device allows user to experience the world of virtual reality, engaging with Octagon 360 and other VR applications.